At long last, Phase 1* of the bathroom update is DONE!
Remember what we started with? Believe it or not this picture makes it look significantly better than it did in real life.
I am thrilled with the result. Instead of dingy and depressing, it’s bright, cheerful, and practical.
Finding a vanity I liked was difficult, but after a coat of paint and some adorable knobs from Anthropologie I think I picked a winner.
I used the same window panels that I had hung in the bedroom so we could have both privacy and natural light. I also PAINTED ALL THE THINGS and successfully patched the missing chunk of our window trim
If you remember the picture I posted a while back of the tub base you’ll see I changed my mind. Originally I had freshened it up with a coat of white paint and some gunmetal feet, but after bringing in the vanity I wanted something to balance the dark gray. The tub base is now the same color as the vanity and I repainted the feet silver for contrast. We also had to bite the bullet and hire a plumber to switch out our old leaky tub faucet.
We now have a bright, practical closet and convenient towel hooks (before the only hooks were on the back of the door–nowhere near the tub).
I brought in some more shelving above the toilet and added a hamper since laundry always seems to pile up in the bathroom.
*Long term plan is to gut most of the room, tile the floor and partially tile the walls, but it will be quite a while before that happens because moving our cast iron tub and radiator is definitely not a DIY.